Monday, February 2, 2009

The Day of the Groundhog

Once agin, I wish you a very happy Groundhog Day!
If you'd like to read more about my friend, here's a link to last year's post: http://patchworkpie.blogspot.com/2008/02/lessons-from-groundhog.html
What would happen if the Groundhog came out of his hole and saw this:


I am guessing he'd head straight back inside, and Spring would come in a month and a half.....just as if he'd seen his shadow.
But if he liked this fabric, and stayed outside to consider what use to put it to, we would be having six more weeks of Winter.

You really cannot argue with the Woodchuck (another name for groundhogs). The second of February has been a weather-predicting day for centuries.
Oddly enough, that fabric is a bit like the Sunshine & Shadows block, a perfect choice for Groundhog Day:

There are no groundhogs here in Florida, sad to say.
But the ones up north would love to see THIS when they pop out on February 2nd:

Now that's the actual shot-out-the-window view from my room at the Quilting By the Bay retreat last weekend!
What a great time I had...and I will tell you more about it tomorrow!
(and that fabric....it's the binding on my latest quilt, Roxanne's Honeymoon! Look for that tomorrow as well!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fine story about Charlie, your pet groundhog! I loved it!

Sunnie said...

Charlie was an outstanding pet, among all the cats. dogs & horses I've had (not to mention the skunk my sister used to have 'way back in high school days!).
I still cannot eat an Oreo cookie without thinking of Charlie.