Saturday, December 15, 2007

Begin at the Beginning!


At last! My first photo on Patchwork Pie!
I have decided to begin at the beginning, as Alice was told in Wonderland*. So here is the quilt that I designed for the Beginners Class I have been teaching for many years.
Instead of it being the usual sampler of block patterns, it is a sampler of machine/ quick piecing techniques. Ths is a 6-week class that includes everything through quilting and binding.
I also have other tops that show different colors, but this the only quilted one. There are pumpkins quilted into those plain-looking corner squares, and the general color is more viberantly...er, orange!

I'll get to the part of the program where I can improve the photos, but right now I am very happy about this!
Thanks to Melody Johnson, who suggested Google's Picasa software (it's free, and seems to be easy....).

Now to learn to take better pictures!

*“"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop” (Lewis Carroll).....very good advice for blog postings!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go,girl! I am so proud of you!!!

Cherry Cherry